A traditional marrocan dish made of couscous, 7 kinds of vegitables and chicken or meat.
- Vegetables to be prepared:
Step by Step method
- Peel and slice all the vegetables in large pieces.
- Place the Chicken, Oil, allspices, tomato and onions in the bottom Couscous pot (steam pot).
- Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the following vegetables: Cilantro, Parsley, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots, Turnips, cabbage and the Chickpeas.
- Add Water; cook over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- While the Chicken and Vegetables cook prepare the couscous.
- In a bowl mix the Couscous with the oil and water.
- Once the 40 minutes have elapsed remove the Chicken.
- Taste the sauce and adjust your spices.
- Add the rest of the vegetables: Zucchini, Butternut Squash and the Red Chili peppers.
- Place the couscous in the top section of the couscous pot, place on top of the section of the pot that contains the vegetables, cover and cook until you see steam coming up from the couscous. (Approximately 10 minutes).
- Remove the Couscous from the Couscous pot and place in a large bowl.
- Add Salt to taste and 1 Cup of Water and mix.
- Return the couscous to steam again (approximately 10 Minutes)
- Remove the Couscous from the pot once again and work the couscous with the clarified butter.
- Set the couscous grains first in a dome.
- Add some sauce to the couscous.
- Add vegetables on the top of the ‘dome’ and around.