A comfort food for many Syrians, Adas bi Husrum (or Adas bi Hamed) is a very healthy and flavorful dish. Lentils, parsley and lemon are simmered to make a thick soup.
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Saute Garlic with olive oil until light golden.
- wash lentil, drain and add into the garlic.
- Add water and cook over a medium heat for 1 hour. stir occasionally.
- lentil should be soft and mushy by now. Add parsley, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and allspice. Mix well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
- Now its time to take a photo, taste , and tell us what you think.
Tips & variations
Adas bi Husrum can be served warm, at room temperature or even cold.
If you prefer to use whole lentil, process for 5 - 10 seconds in food processor after boiling it.
If the ingredients are not available yet, bookmark this recipe and try it as soon as you can, meanwhile browse the other recipes for today's lunch!