This tasty oriental salad is very famous in the Middle East countries, a fried eggplant slices combined with pomegranate molasses, ketchup, lemon juice, onion, and tomato slices. This salad is very suitable for dinner meal or a healthy snack during the day.
1. Cut the eggplant into longitudinal slices, 1 cm thick.
2. Put the eggplant slices in a bowl and mix them with salt, set aside.
3. Cut the bell pepper, tomato, and onion also into thin slices.
4. Transfer the chopped vegetables into the serving dish.
5. Now, wash the eggplant from the salt, and drain well.
6. In a frying pan, put the vegetable oil on high heat, then add the eggplant slices and fry until golden color. About 15 minutes.
7. Take the eggplant slices off the oil, put them on kitchen towel or papers to absorb the excess oil. Then add the slices over the chopped vegetables and mix gently.
8. On the top of the vegetables, add ketchup, salt, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, and black pepper.
9. Transfer the salad dish into the refrigerator, and leave it for 30 minutes, and serve it cold.