Its time to have a homemade Apple butter, enjoy it on a roasted slice of bread, fill it in a muffen, or use it to prepare a pie!
Step by Step method
- Place the apples in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour.
- Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
- Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.