You have to have a way to relax I think. Something that no matter how stressed out you are, you can be guaranteed that it will calm you down. Well, how about to try baking as a escape? Sounds interesting right? Check out this amazing oriental recipe of apricot jam slices that well melt your heart away! Trust me, the anticipation that comes from the delightful smell coming out of the oven will put a smile on your face.
1. Add flour, butter, icing sugar, cream, egg and baking powder in a bowl of electric beater. Beat for 3-4 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
2. Divide dough into half, carefully roll out 1 portion of pastry on baking paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Press the remaining portion into a 28cm round baking tin. Then spread apricot jam evenly over pastry.
4. Cut rolled chilled pastry with sharp knife then arrange on top in a diagonal lattice pattern. Bake in a 180c preheated oven for 30–35 minutes or until golden.
5. Cool in tin then cut into squares or fingers. Dust with icing sugar, apricot slices and serve.
Many studies have shown that consuming apricots is highly beneficial for your ophthalmic health. Consuming two or three servings of apricots in a day has shown to be beneficial in preventing age-related Macular Degeneration.
Macular degeneration is a disorder of the eye and is one of the major causes of loss of sight in older people. Apricot can also help in strengthening the optic nerves in your eyes.