Staying hydrated is one of the secrets to healthy looking skin, and is a great way to protect your organs. But drinking the recommended eight glasses of water a day can get old fast, so switch it up with prune juice. Check out this tasty oriental recipe of aracia bel jozz that you will absolutely love it.
1. Brew 3 cups very strong black tea.
2. Transfer to a large bowl while still hot. Add 1 pound pitted prunes, and soak overnight.
3. Remove prunes with a slotted spoon to a clean work surface and set aside.
4. Transfer tea to a medium saucepan and add 1/2 cup sugar.
5. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce tea until it is the consistency of a thin syrup, about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, stuff each prune (into the slit made when pitting prune) with a large walnut piece.
7. Place stuffed prunes in a large shallow bowl or platter, in concentric circles.
8. Pour tea syrup over prunes and cool to room temperature.
9. Serve with whipped cream on the side.
10. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.