What makes Omani cuisine deliciously distinctive is the way it borrows Asian tastes and flavors and incorporates them into typical Omani dishes to make it appealing and appetizing to every palate. Check out this amazing tasty recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. Clean and wash chicken pieces, place them in a large pot with the 10 cups of water. Bring to boil, removing froth as it appears.
2. Add cardamom, cinnamon sticks and chicken stock cubes, cook over low heat until chicken is done, remove from stock and set aside to cool then remove bones. Drain the stock and set aside.
3. Wash rice then add it to the remaining stock which should be about nine cups. Add more water if needed. Then add the cooked chicken and cook over medium heat with occasional stirring for 30 minutes or until the rice and chicken are well cooked.
4. Add the ghee to the rice mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Blend with a hand blender and serve. (You can sprinkle a few drops of melted ghee and fried onions on top, if desired)