Arseeyah is a simple and hearty rice and chicken dish. It is a great food for young children, and adults love to eat it as well. Check out this Middle Eastern recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. In a medium size pot add the chicken, water, and cinnamon bark. Boil the chicken breast for one hour or the whole chicken until it is falling off the bones. Remember to skim off the scum. Strain and reserve the broth.
2. Cool and then debone the chicken. The chicken will now need to be cut into finely chopped pieces.
3. In a large pot add the rice, the strained broth, the chopped chicken, salt, pepper and cardamom powder. Stir.
4. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. The pot needs to be covered. Every ten minutes go and stir the Arseeyah so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
5. Turn off the heat and remove the lid to let all the steam out.
6. Once, it finished cooking, add salt and stir.
7. With an electric mixer set on high, mix the Arseeyah until the rice and chicken are melted into each other very well.
8. Place the Arseeyah onto a platter and add the melted samen (ghee) over the entire surface and smooth out.
9. Add 1 can of cream to the Arseeyah, and then mix it well using the electric mixer.
10. Pour the Arseeyah into serving dish, and serve it hot.