Asbusa is an oriental cookie that they are not a very sweet and great to serve with tea or coffee. We recommended these cookies as an appetizer or a snack between meals to relax!
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Use a large bowl to mix sugar and cream of wheat. Add butter then mix by hand, rubbing the butter, sugar and cream of wheat between your palms for 10 minutes or until the mixture is very well blended.
3. Add the yogurt and mix with your hands until the dough feels smooth in your hand. If it feels dry add one tablespoon of water at the time until it feels like pastry dough.
4. Butter a 13x9x2" pan and pat the dough into the pan with your hand.
5. Slice the dough in 2 x 2 inch squares or any shape you desire.
6. Press one almond half onto the surface of each piece if desired, if you do not prefer almonds you do not have to use or may try your own decoration.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.