A slow cooker persian soup, full of nutrients and high in protien, a mix of grains, herbs and noodles and spinach.
Step by Step method
Preperation the night before:
- The night before, soak red beans and chickpeas in water.
- Saute onion and garlic until past translucent.
- Add turmeric and saute for another 5 minutes or so.
- Set onion and garlic aside until ready to load slow cooker.
- In the morning, turn on slow cooker.
- Load onion and garlic mixture along with chickpeas, red beans, and lentils.
- Add chopped herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add spinach on top and push down as much as possible.
- Add 8 cups of water and place the cover on. It can be cooked on high in 4 1/2 hours or on slow in about 8 hours.
An hour before the recipe is ready:
- In a bowl mix flour with half a cup of broth from the soup.
- Add back to the pot and mix well. At this point adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add noodles. (If cooking on low temperature, then turn the temp to high0
- Continue cooking for one more hour so that the noodles cook all the way through.
- When ready, serve with a dollop of Kashk.