Lamb liver and chicken livers are the most commonly used in the oriental cuisines as a main dish or as a side dish. Each country has its own way in cooking and serving this iron-rich hearty dish. Check out this Bahraini Style Liver recipe that will turn liver haters into converts.
1. Peel and dice the potato into small pieces and par boil until slightly soft.
2. Fry the onions and garlic in oil until soft.
3. Add spice mix, black pepper, ground lime. Let the spices infuse with the onions.
4. Add the potatoes, liver and salt and mix on a high heat.
5. Then lower heat and cover for a minute. Be careful not to overcook the liver as it will become hard.
6. Serve with green salad, spring onions and pita bread.
Ibzar: Is an Arabian Gulf mixture consists of strong flavored spices as: turmeric, cayenne pepper, ground mace, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground black pepper, ground coriander ground cloves.