What happens when you combine spicy Buffalo sauce flavors? Something amazing. These baked falafels are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and wonderfully spicy!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Add chickpeas, parsley, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, and extra virgin olive oil to a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend until mostly smooth.
3. Mix in oat flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is dry enough that can easily be shaped into patties. At this point, taste your mixture, and adjust seasoning as necessary.
4. Form mixture into 8 falafels, and place directly on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the falafel are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
5. Remove from oven and allow the falafel to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
6. Serve these on a bed of steamed rice, on salads, or with hummus.