Fresh herbs really make the flavor of falafels stand out. The fresher the better, check out this amazing oriental recipe that you absolutely love it.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place the garlic, scallions, parsley, and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor and puree until finely chopped. Add the chickpeas, flour, cumin, coriander, baking powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Pulse until the ingredients are incorporated and the chickpeas are ground but not totally smooth.
3. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Roll the chickpea mixture into 16 balls, approximately 1 1/4-inches each. Flatten each ball slightly to form thick patties and place them on the prepared pan. Brush the tops with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
4. Bake in the upper 1/3 of the oven for 15 minutes, then flip and cook another 10-15 minutes until done.
5. Meanwhile, make the tahini yogurt sauce by whisking the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, and warm water together in a bowl. Taste and add a pinch of salt if needed.
6. Serve the falafel with whole wheat pita bread, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers. Drizzle tahini yogurt sauce on top. Serve extra sauce on the side.