Baklawa is a cruncy, yet velvety heavenly layers of buttery flakes and flavored nuts. The perfecet combination for your special treat time!
- The Dough:
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Thaw phyllo dough according to the package instruction.
- Combine nuts, sugar, salt, and rose water.
- Divide the dough into four part.
- Start layering the first part in a 10* 13 (or 9 * 12) inch baking tray.
- Brush every other layer with butter.
- Add 1/3 of the nuts mix over the fist part of the dough.
- repeat with the rest of the dough and nuts mix.
- For the last part of the dough, Brush every layer with butter, making sure to brush the top layer generously.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1*1 inch diamonds making sure to cut all the way.
- Pop in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until sides are yellow - brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup.
- Ladle syrup equally on Baklawa.
- Serve with turkish coffee.