Pumpkin is an often-overlooked source of fiber, it can keep you feeling full for longer on fewer calories. Check out this Middle Eastern recipe of pumpkin cookies that you will absolutely love it.
1. Heat oven to 350 F (176 C). Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
2. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until blended. Stir in raisins or cranberries and chopped nuts.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges and set. Cool for a few minutes in the pan on a rack then remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely.