What makes a falafel truly amazing is freshness. These vibrant beet falafels certainly aren't lacking in that! Serve these over a bed of salad with a coconut yogurt tahini sauce, or wrap them in a pita with plenty of greens.
1. Fry the onion in olive oil until soft.
2. Add spices and fry for another minute and then transfer to a food processor.
3. Add chickpeas, 2/3 of the grated beets, bread crumbs, tahini, and cornstarch and pulse until a crumbly.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and combine with the remaining grated beets. Add salt and spices to taste.
5. Shape into balls with wet hands and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Place the balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush them with some oil. Bake in the oven at 390°F for 20-25 minutes, and serve.