Dinner sandwiches are the perfect solution for easy homemade meals when you want a satisfying dinner that’s quick to make and requires little cleanup. Check out this interesting recipe of beetroot, babaganouj, and avocado lime sandwich that will melt your heart away!
1. preheat the oven to 200 c. cut the eggplant in half, with a knife cut a criss cross pattern into both halves and place onto a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle the olive oil on top of both halves, season with onion powder, salt and pepper. roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until soft.
3. With a blender mix all the beetroot sauce ingredients until smooth.
4. Add the beetroot sauce onto the bottom slice of your sandwich.
5. Once the eggplant is roasted, take the softened flesh off the skin and add into a bowl. mash a bit with a fork and add on top of the beetroot sauce.
6. Cut the avocado into slices and drizzle the limejuice on top, add the avocado on top of the babaganoush, top off with the spinach and second slice of bread.