Borani is an appetizer which is made with yogurt and some type of vegetable. Borani Esfanji is yogurt with spinach dip! an easy to make super delicious healthy light dip you can serve with a variety of choices!
Step by Step method
- Steam the spinach for a few minutes until wilted.
- Place in a colander to drain liquid. It is very important that all the liquid is removed from the spinach. Just take it between your hands and squeeze the liquid out.
- Give it all a nice chop ensuring that it will be more manageable when eating.
- Place yogurt and spinach in a dish. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Mix the ingridients well. Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before serving. This not only will chill the dish but it will also allow for the flavors to incorporate.
Tips & variations
You can serve Borani Esfanaj with pita bread, pita chips, potato chips, or naan. Additionally, it can also be used as a dip for veggies.