A winter super original recipe from Syria, specifically from Darkush (A town in northern Syria) Bouranieh is pumpkin and lamb cooked in yogurt.
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Add yogurt, cornstarch, water, and salt into the blender and blend until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a large pan over a high heat.
- Continuously stir until it boils and becomes thicker. set aside.
The lamb and pumpkin:
- Saute the onion with ghee.
- Add the lamb cubes and stir until tender.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin cubes and stir for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup water, cover, and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- check if the pumpkin is cooked, pour in the yogurt.
- taste to adjust the salt .
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with dried mint or black pepper.
- Enjoy it hot with rice pilaf or bulgur pilaf.