Mastic ice cream is an ice cream with stretched and sticky texture. It is named after the mastic spice. A milky ice cream made with mastic and topped with pistachio to enjoy the oriental experience that you will never forget!
1. Place milk, cream and sugar in a deep pan over medium to low heat, stir to dilute.
2. To pulverize the mastic: freeze it for 15 minutes add a 1/4 teaspoon sugar and then crush it with the mo in a circular motion until the mixture looks like fine sand.
3. Add to the milk and cream mixture.
4. Have a balloon whisk ready; just before milk comes to a boil, add corn flour, while stirring vigorously with the whisk, to prevent lumps from forming.
5. Add rose water and stir.
6. Cook on medium to low heat for approximately 8 minutes; keep stirring. Stop when the mixture thickens.
7. Transfer to a glass bowl to cool before freezing, keeping the whisk handy.
8. Every few minutes give the mixture a stir with the whisk to stop a film from forming on the surface.
9. When the milk mixture is cooler, place it in the ice cream maker and churn until set.
10. Transfer to the freezer for 1 hour and half before serving with chopped pistachios.