Bukhari rice is one of traditional Arabian Gulf recipes that you will absolutely love it. The flavors of the rice, spices, carrots and chicken will melt your heart away!
1. Sauté onions and carrot in oil.
2. Add chicken, all spices, and continue to cook (you might need to add a little water).
3. When chicken is halfway done, add the tomato puree.
4. Continue to cook over low heat until chicken is done. Be careful not to overcook.
5. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
6. Add the rice to the pot and cook on low heat until just barely cooked. You might need to add 1/2 cup of water for rice to be done. Be careful not to overcook rice because you do not want mushy rice.
7. To serve, place rice on platter and add chicken on top.
8. Garnish with fried almonds and raisins on top. (Optional).