Another kind of pilaf is Burghul bi Ful, a quick one-pot Bulgur broad bean pilaf that is easily made in 30 minutes. This dish is hearty delicious and can be easily adapted to a vegetarian one by simply not using meat.
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Wash and soak the Bulgur in plenty of cold water for 15 minutes.
- Saute the mince meat with ghee .
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broad beans and cook for few minutes.
- Drain the Bulgur and add to the pot.
- Add boiling water till you cover all the ingredients and roughly an extra inch of water on the top.
- Bring back to quick boil, stir well.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let set for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with Greek style yoghurt.