A cheap snack food, found all over China. In spite of the name, tea is not the dominant flavour.
Step by Step method
- Place unshelled eggs in saucepan of cold water – water level should be at least 4 cm (1-1/2") higher than eggs.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the eggs.
- With a knife, tap each egg to slightly crack the shells in two or three places. Return to saucepan.
- Add other ingredients and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours, adding water as necessary.
- Drain, serve hot or cold.