From Jordan, a country of hospitality and generosity, check out this oriental interesting recipe of cha'cheel , a local dish found only around the Rasoun area in Ajloun. Usually this authentic dish cooked with a yoghurt sauce called labaniyyeh in order to enhance the taste and increase the flavor.
1. Whisk yoghurt with starch in a blender, then put the mixture in a saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly until boiling.
2. Add half the amount of lentils and leave to boil with yoghurt.
3. In a skillet, fry the onion and roast it well until golden color, make sure not to burn.
4. Whisk the eggs with spices (cumin, salt, cinnamon and cardamom), add parsley and fried onions, green onions, and flour gradually, then add the half amount of lentils until you have cohesive dough (resemble to omelet).
5. Shape the dough in the form of balls, and then put them into the boiling yoghurt, make sure not to stir the balls with the boiling yoghurt.
6. Leave it about 30 minutes until the dough rises to the surface, then pour into a bowl and serve it hot.