When the right ingredients come together, everything is possible in the world of cooking. Check out this amazing recipe of chicken with coconut milk and enjoy the unforgettable flavor and irresistible taste.
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the chicken and fry quickly all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add a little more oil to the pan, if necessary, and fry the cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon for 1 minute. Add the onion and fry over a low heat for about 5 minutes until softened.
3. Place the garlic, ginger, chilies, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process to a smooth paste. Add to the pan together with the turmeric, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Melt the coconut in the hot water and add to the pan. Season to taste with salt. Simmer for 2 minutes, and then add the chicken pieces and any juices. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
5. Transfer to a warm serving dish, garnish with red pepper strips and serve immediately.
In order to enhance the flavor add 1 teaspoon of orange zest or 2 segments aside for garnishing.