Chicken Madrouba is one of traditional dishes of the Arabian Gulf cuisine. Check out this amazing authentic recipe that you absolutely love it.
It's recommended to serve this dish with Flat-bread or Rice.
1. Place cleaned chicken thighs in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil skimming any froth as it appears.
2. Add MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes, bay leaves, cinnamon and Arabic mixed spices and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 hours or until chicken is fully cooked. Strain the stock through a sieve; remove cooked chicken meat discarding bones and bay leaves.
3. In a separate pot, heat vegetable oil, sauté onions until golden, add tomato paste and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, tomato pure and bring to boil.
4. Add the reserved chicken stock, lentils, lime powder and green chili’s, cover and simmer until lentils are fully cooked. About 1 hour.
5. Add deboned cooked chicken pieces and gently mash content, using a potato masher until chicken is turned into shreds and lentils are half mashed (do not use a food processor or electric mixer). Add more water if stew thickens. Add half of the fresh coriander and simmer on low heat for and additional 30 minutes.
6. 10 minutes before serving add rolled oats, gently stir and ensure oats are soft.
7. Serve in a soup bowl garnishing with the remaining fresh coriander leaves and lemon slices.