This Chicken Tagine is made with onions, raisins and pickled lemon with some olives for decoration and extra exotic flavor...very simple steps to easily prepare your own tagine.
Step by Step method
- In a bowl mix some water, ginger, turmeric, garlic, pickled lemon, saffron, black pepper, 2 tablespoon oil, parsley and coriander.
- Clean chicken pieces and marinate them in the mixture. set aside for an hour.
- Place the tagine on the stove and set the fire to a low heat.
- Add olive oil, seasoned chicken and onions.
- When it starts to boil, simmer for half an hour.
- Add olives, raisins and the rind of pickled lemon (cut into strips).
- Add some water and salt if necessary.
- Cook again for another half an hour or until the chicken is well cooked.
- Bon appetit!