Chorba Baida means the white soup.This chicken soup is originally from Algeria but is also made in different regions of Morocco especially the Eastern regions. This recipe is so easy to make and will definitely bring a touch of variety to your Ramadan table!
Step by Step method
- In a cooking pot, add oil, clurified butter, chicken, onions, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water.
- Cover and let the chicken cook on high heat until it is done - which will take around 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add 2 cups of water, vermicelli, and chickpeas.
- Cover and let all the ingredients cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of the soup to the egg yolks and beat the mixture with the parseley and the lemon juice.
- Slowly add the egg yolks mixture to the soup while stirring.
- Taste your soup and adjust the salt and pepper accordingly.
- Cover and let the soup cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and serve hot.