Turn an everyday Chinese dish like Chow Mein into a homemade favorite! Chow Mein has an easy to follow recipe that allows you to make variations with ease.
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Bring pot of water to boil and cook noodles for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set noodles aside.
- While noodles are boiling, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in large skillet and add sliced onions and minced garlic. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- In same skillet, add ground ginger, Five Spice powder, broccoli florets, sliced carrots, snap peas and sliced Shiitake mushrooms. Sauté 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add noodles, continuing to stir until well mixed.
- Add chicken stock and diced chicken. Stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce, and serve.
Tips & variations
You can substitute 2 cups cooked, cleaned shrimp for diced chicken.
For spice, add chili flakes to taste.
You can add your favorite vegetables, like shredded cabbage.
Garnish with sesame seeds.
Flavor to taste with soy sauce.