Chutney is a sweet, sour, salty, and tangy Sauce that basically contain tamarind and chili. The are many recipes for this sauce. the variety of ingredients in this recipe allows you to enjoy the unique special flavor that you will never forget.
Step by Step method
- In a blender, add onion, garlic, green pepper and 1/4 cup of water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the tomatoes and blend until pureed.
- Add the dates, mango and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
- In a 6 litre pot set on low heat, add the oil and the Xawaash seasoning mix.
- Add the pureed mixture immediately and mix well. Add tomato paste and salt, mix well.
- Soften the tamarind paste in a 1/4 cup of hot water. Mix well. Add to the mixture. You could also use tamarid sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for two hours. Stir every half hour. Wear mittens when stirring.
- After the 2 hours have elapsed, add the sugar.
- Add the vinegar and stir well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.