Couscous is a Berber traditional North African dish of semolina, which is cooked by steaming. It is traditionally served with a meat or vegetable stew spooned over it. Couscous is a staple food throughout the North African and the Middle East cuisines. Check out our new addition recipe of couscous with mushrooms that is dedicated to vegetarian people.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add the mushrooms, and seasoned with salt,pepper, and saute till tender.
2. Remove from pan, and add 2 tablespoons of oil, onions, garlic and spices, cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the orange juice and zest, simmering till reduced to 1 cup.
4. In a medium bowl, Add 1 cup of hot water to couscous and raisins, season with salt and pepper, then remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Put the couscous on a large platter, top with mushrooms and pour the sauce on the top. Just before serving toss together.