A simple crispy oregano and lemon potatoes recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Few flavors evoke the Mediterranean as intensely as oregano taht you will absolutely love it. Try out this interesting recipe of crispy potatoes with Lemon and lots of oregano and enjoy the irresistible taste!
1. In a 6- to 8-quart pot, combine the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Add 1 tablespoon salt, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender enough to be easily pierced with a metal skewer, from 12 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice and zest, mustard, honey, and a pinch of salt. Slowly whisk in the 1/2 cup olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Without draining it, transfer the pot to the sink. Slowly cool the potatoes by running cold water into the pot; it will take about 7 minutes. (Cooling them this way creates a dense texture so you can flatten the potatoes without breaking them.) Drain and transfer the potatoes to a cutting board or baking sheet and let them air-dry or pat them dry.
4. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 200°F. Place an oven-safe platter on the rack.
5. Using the bottom of a ramekin or bowl, flatten the potatoes to about 1/2 inch thick.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy-duty skillet over medium heat. Cook the potatoes in batches of 6 to 8, flipping once about halfway through and adding more oil as needed, until golden and crispy on both sides, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to the platter and repeat. Coat the potatoes well with dressing (pass the rest at the table). Crush the oregano between your fingers and sprinkle it over the potatoes and serve hot.