A flaky buttery dough filled with sweet raspberry to form a rich tart with stunning red color that will definitely draw a smile on everyone's face.
- For the flaky pastry:
- For the filling:
Step by Step method
Start by making the filling:
- Place frozen berries, sugar and butter in a pot over low heat.
- Stir until the berries have released their natural juices and the liquid has reduced by 1/3.
- This will take about 2-3 minutes. Add the corn flour, stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool at room temperature, then you can refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
To make the pastry:
- Put the frozen butter cubes, flour and sugar in the food processor and pulse until wet crumbs form.
- Add water, starting with 1/2 a tablespoon, keep pulsing and continue adding more drops of water until a soft dough is created.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface, press with your hands to smoothen it, then flatten it with your palms.
- Wrap it in plastic film and rest in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to 3 days.
- Heat up your oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Grease and flour a 20 or 24 inch tart tin.
- Roll the rested dough into a disk and reserve some to cut into strips and create a lattice pattern to decorate the top with.
- Line the tin with the pastry disk, pour in the filling and place the strips on top in a criss cross pattern.
- Sprinkle the tart with some sugar and bake until golden and gorgeous.
- Cool at room temperature and serve as it is or with whipped cream.