Okra has a slippery feel when rubbed with the fingers. The edible green seed pods can also be used in stews. Onioin invites you today to try out this oriental amazing taste of curried okra that you will absolutely love it.
1. Cut off the ends of the okra pods.
2. Slice the pods into approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds.
3. Peel and slice the onions.
4. Place the sliced Okra into a glass or stainless steel bowl and sprinkle liberally with salt.
5. Cover with the iced water, making sure that all slices are under water; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and drain off the salt water.
7. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
8. Add the Okra and fry until lightly browned. (Approximately 10 minutes).
9. Turning frequently to prevent sticking.
10. Add the remaining ingredients and fry for a further 3 minutes, until the onions are soft and serve hot.