This Middle Eastern dish is a family favorite in Iraq, which is different from any other Arabian stuffed vegetables by its tanginess in flavor and the redness of the sauce. Check out this celebration of color and flavor that you will absolutely love it.
1. Spread the sliced onions in the base of a large pot.
2. Wash and hollow eggplants, zucchinis, potatoes and bell peppers. Place them in a bowl with water to prevent changing their color.
3. Combine minced lamb, garlic, onion, rice, cumin, black pepper, parsley and MAGGI Less Salt Chicken Stock cube.
4. Drain hollowed vegetables from water then stuff them with meat mixture. Arrange them over onion slices in the pot.
5. Dissolve tamarind and MAGGI Less Salt Chicken Stock cube in hot water. Pour stock over the vegetables.
6. Bring to boil, cover and cook over low heat for 35 minutes or until the vegetables and rice are cooked.
7. Place the vegetables on a large serving dish, add sauce and serve.