So cool and fresh-taste! This perfect cool side dish is for just about anything. You will be making this a lot this summer. Check out this Levant tasty recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. If you want to reduce the salt content of the feta, cut it into chunks and soak in cold water for an hour.
2. Score the cucumbers with the tines of a fork, and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds - a grapefruit spoon or melon baller works well. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt, and let them stand for about 1/2 hour.
3. Then rinse, pat dry, and slice the cucumbers into 1/2 inch chunks.
4. In a medium serving bowl, crush the feta with a fork and mix it with the scallions, lemon juice, oil, and pepper.
5. Combine the cucumber chunks with the cheese mixture.
6. Sprinkle the salad with the mint.
7. It can sit in the refrigerator before serving, but try not to hold it more than an hour or it will get watery.