Fahsa is an oriental stew made of lamb cutlets into a lamb soup with spices and helba (fenugreek). The pieces of meat are small and there are not any noticeable vegetables. Check out this interesting hearty stew that will melt your heart away!
1. Put 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the fenugreek. Keep fenugreek in water for 2-3 hours then drain from exceeding water and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté spring onions for 2 minutes. Add beef cubes and stir for another 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, chicken stock cubes, cumin powder and the additional water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer on low heat for 2and 1/4 hours or until beef is well cooked.
4. Whip fenugreek for 5 minutes or until it rises and becomes white in color. Add green sahawek mixture and combine with fenugreek.
5. Put a rock pan on high heat until very hot, remove beef from stock and place it in the rock pan. (If you dont have a rock pan, you can use a regular non-stick pan)
6. Mash the beef using a big spoon and pour in the stock to measure 2 cups and stir together.
7. Spoon the fenugreek mixture over and serve.
8. To make green sahawek: place all sahawek ingredients in blender and blend for 3 minutes or until is smooth.