Authentic, hearty, and a delicious festival of flavors which make this soup so irresistible! You won't be disappointed with this one! Check out this amazing fusion recipe that will melt your heart away!
1. Make the coconut milk by placing the desiccated coconut and boiling water in a food processor or blender, and processing for 20 seconds. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool. Strain the cooled coconut milk into a clean bowl or jug.
2. Repeat the process to make the coconut cream, leaving the strained liquid to stand. When the cream rises to the top of the milk, skim it off - this the coconut cream.
3. Sprinkle the fish with salt. Place the coconut in a wok or heavy - based frying pan and heat gently until it is golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and pound until oily. set aside.
4. Put the shallots, almonds, garlic, ginger and 2 1/2 inches from the root end of the lemon grass (reserving the remainder) in a food processor or blender and process to a puree. Add the turmeric.
5. Heat the oil in a preheated wok or saucepan. Add the pureed mixture and fry for a few minutes. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring constantly, Stir in the fish, chili and the remaining lemon grass. Cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the pounded coconut and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove the blades of lemon grass and stir in the coconut cream. Serve hot, garnished with coriander.