Another authentic addition from the Arabian Gulf cuisine that you will absolutely love it. Check out this amazing recipe of fish maqlooba and melt with the authentic taste.
1. Combine all spices and gently mix together with wet rice, allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2. Peel and cut eggplants into 2cm thick slices, dredge with salt and allow juices to draw. Heat vegetable oil in a pan, pat-dry eggplants and fry on both sides until golden brown.
3. In a Non-Stick rice pot, melt half of the butter, lightly fry cauliflower florets until golden, but not fully cooked, remove and set aside. Using the same pot, gently fry fish until golden but not fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
4. On medium heat, using the same pot, melt the remaining butter, add Chopped onions, and Garlic and sauté until onions are translucent, sprinkle 1/2 cup of the rice (with the spices) on top and mix gently. Layer fried eggplant pieces, then 1/2 of the fried fish pieces, and layer with another 1 cup of rice, layer the fried cauliflower and the remaining fried fish and cover with the remaining rice. Flatten the rice surface in the pot.
5. Dissolve MAGGI Chicken Stock cubes in 500ml of hot water and pour over the rice. Cover and cook on medium low heat until rice is cooked, about 25 minutes.
6. In a separate frying pan fry sliced onions and pine seeds in vegetable oil until golden brown.
7. For serving, carefully turn the content of the pot upside down onto a large plate, garnish with fried onion slices and pine seeds and serve hot.