A Healthy recipe with italian flavors for a special breakfast, brunch or lunch box. a dough of mixed whole wheat and plain flour glazed with extra virgin olive oil and topped with Olives and Chilli. enjoy making and tasting it...
- For the glaze:
- Sprinkle on top:
Step by Step method
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast with 3/4 water,
- add flour, oil and barley malt syrup or honey.
- Mix for a few minutes, then add the salt.
- If you think the dough is too dry, add the remaining water. Wholemeal flour can require a little extra moisture than regular flour.
- Knead vigorously until it looks smooth and elastic, this will take about 10 minutes if doing by hand or 5 if enlisting the help of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Shape into a ball and rest for 20 minutes in a bowl, covered with a tea towel.
- Stretch it with your hand to form a rectangle and fold into 3. This step will give strength and texture to your dough and is essential in order to obtain a soft, airy and chewy focaccia.
- Repeat one last time after 30 minutes.
- Place the folded dough in an oiled oven tray, cover it with a tea-towel and let it prove for around 90 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, stretch it out to cover the tray and sprinkle the surface with seasalt.
- Let it rest for another 30 minutes, then, using your fingertips, press the dough down onto the tray to create lots of little holes.
- Drizzle the holes with the glaze and sprinkle with some more salt.
- Top with pitted olives and roughly sliced chillies.
- Let your focaccia rest for another 20 minutes, while your oven heats up to 200 C (390 F).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until it looks slightly golden and delicious.
- Allow to cool at room temperature in the tray for 10-15 minutes, then serve cut into pieces.
- a speacial recipe like this cant pass without a photo shooting session! share your experience with us !!