Galayet bandora is basically sautéed tomatoes stewed with garlic, olive oil,pepper, and salt! It can be either cooked plain, just tomatoes, or it can be cooked with minced meat or with eggs. Either way, it is very delicious! Check out this fantastic Middle Eastern recipe that you will absolutely love it.
1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil to medium high.
2. add the jalapeno pepper, garlic and stir until the garlic is golden color.
3. Add the tomatoes and stir the mixture very well together, season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
4. Lower the heat to simmer, and cook until the sauce is nice and thick, but not too dry.
5. serve hot with pita bread, pickles, and garnish with pine nuts on top, if desired.
Before you pass up garlic because you don't want the bad breath that comes with it, keep in mind that the compounds that cause garlic breath also offer a lot of health benefits. Garlic has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
If you really want to get the most health benefits out of your garlic, choose Spanish garlic, which contains the most allicin.