If kimchi represents Korean food as a whole, galbi represents Korean barbecue. This soy sauce marinated, fruity and savory grilled short ribs are the biggest treat for any Korean families as their top choice of occasional eat outs. Check out this interesting korean dish that will melt your heart away!
1. Pour teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, water, and the specified amount of sesame oil into a container in a large bowl.
2. Put some minced garlic, grated ginger and also grated pear. (Asian pears are the best for this recipe, but if you can’t find it, any pear will do, depending on how sweet your teriyaki sauce is, you might want to add more sugar). Just use a blender after peeling it.
3. Marinate your ribs into the mixture for at least 3-4 hours before cooking. Leaving them overnight is usually the best. Make sure you soak them in all the way.
4. Marinate typical vegetables that go with Korean barbecue such as whole mushrooms and onions, if desired.
5. If you have a barbecue grill, please grill it instead! For those who don’t have a grill, you can still use a conventional oven and make great a Galbi dish. Put the heat on 400 F and cook it for 15 minutes. (Do NOT broil it or overcook it especially in slow and low heat for a long time because it will dry out the juice and the meat will be rough.)