Ghormeh-Sabzi is simply the queen of all herb stews. ِِِIt is only prepared for loved ones and in special occasions to impress guests.
Step by Step method
- Finely dice onion and mince garlic.
- Saute in oil until translucent.
- Add turmeric and stir well.
- Cut meat in cubes and add to onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to brown on all sides.
- Place meat in the slow cooker’s pot.
- Add soaked beans.
- Make a couple of holes in dried limes with a fork, then add to the pot.
- Add some oil to the same pot that the meat and onion was cooked in and saute leeks for a couple of minutes.
- Chop all the herbs and add to the leeks. Season with salt and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add herbs to the pot.
- Add 2 cups of water into the pot where the herbs were sauteed in and scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Add the water to the slow cooker pot, cover and cook on high for 8 hours.
- Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.