Rise and shine, and get ready for a yummy oriental breakfast that you will absolutely love it. In the Levant areas, labneh is made by straining the liquid out of yogurt until it takes on a consistency similar to a soft cheese. It tastes like tart sour cream or heavy strained yogurt and is a common breakfast dip. Check out this interesting recipe of labaneh with ginger and orange blossom and honey.
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place the colander over a bowl. Line with the muslin cloth.
3. Add the yoghurt mixture, and tie the muslin cloth.
4. The whey (liquid) will collect in the bowl. Place in the fridge overnight or 24 hours.
5. Transfer the cheese to a serving dish, and serve with pita bread.