After a long day, you really want to prepare something quick and easy to eat. This oriental halloumi cheese sandwich is all what you need. Check it out and enjoy the taste.
1. Put 2 teaspoons of the olive oil into a frying pan and cook the onions over a medium heat until soft and slightly colored, set aside.
2. Put the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil into the frying pan and fry the halloumi slices over a medium to high heat on both sides, until golden brown and crispy around the edges.
3. Cut the roll in half, and place the halloumi slices on one half and then squeeze the lemon juice over the cooked cheese slices. Sprinkle a few oregano leaves over the cheese before adding the sliced tomatoes and cooked onions.
4. Place the other half of the roll on top of the cheese and the filling. Gently press the two halves together.
5. Put the filled roll into a pre-heated griddle, for about 2 minutes or until the bread roll is crisp and golden brown.
6. Serve immediately with fresh lettuce leaves and a handful of black olives.