Goat is a popular meat among the nomadic Somali people who praise its soft, juicy taste. Roast goat is the preferred method of cooking. In this recipe a spice blend used to marinate the meat. The result is soft, succulent, fall off the bone meat that is packed with flavor.
Saturated Fat (g)
Trans Fat (g)
Total Fat (g)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (RAE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (μg)
Vitamin E (mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (mg)
Vitamin B6 (mg)
Vitamin B12 (mg)
Total Carbohydrate (g)
Step by Step method
- Cut up the goat meat into large chunks.
- Mix all the spices and garlic and spread all over the goat meat.
- Let the meat rest in the fridge overnight to intensify the flavours. For a quicker result marinate for about an hour. You will still get a great flavour.
- preheat the oven and keep it at a low heat.
- Wrap up the goat meat tightly in aluminum foil several times. Aim for at least three layers of foil wrap. This is to ensure that all the juices and steam cook the meat to keep it moist. Place in the warm oven and roast for about three hours.
- Let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice, salad or any kind of bread.