This hot milk cake is somewhere between a butter cake and a pound cake. It's simple to make, stays fresh for days and would be lovely with icing as afternoon tea, or doused in custard for an easy dessert. Check out this interesting recipe that you will really enjoy it.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176 C).
2. Beat eggs on high until thick, (5 minutes).
3. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Combine flour and baking powder.
5. Add to batter and beat on low until smooth.
6. Add vanilla.
7. In saucepan, heat milk and butter just until the butter melts.
8. Add to batter, beat until combined.
9. Pour into a well-greased 13x9 pan.
10. Bake for 35 minutes.
11. Test for doneness.