Makmoora is a Jordanian popular dish from the ancient heritage of Jordan. This dish is very well-known in the rural areas in the north of Jordan, such as Ramtha and Hawara, and the villages of northern governorate of Irbid. Check out this oriental recipe of mkmoora that you will absolutely love it.
1. Boil chicken with bay leaf, salt, pepper and small punch of cardamom.
2. Mix flour with salt, sesame, cumin, nigella sativa (without yeast). Add a little bit of oil so the dough doesn’t stick.
3. Roll the dough into balls, make sure that the balls size is almost the same, leave 2 balls aside in larger size to make the base and the surface.
4. let the dough rest as much as possible, not less than 30 minutes.
5. in a frying pan, add onions and a little oil, stir will together until tender, then add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
6. Using a fork, spread the base ball of dough in a rounded tray, then place the onions and chicken on top. Repeat the same process with the rest of the balls until you cover all the layers with the surface ball of dough, add some oil in the top to gain beautiful color.
7. Cover the tray with foil papers, put it the oven , 180c for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 160c, just before completely cooked, remove the foil and bake it a little bit to gain beautiful color.
8. Serve it hot with plain yoghurt or a cup of Shanina drink.