Kebbeh pie of two Layers of Kebbeh dough stuffed with meat and nuts and baked in the oven. Easy made super delicious recipe.
- The Dough:
Step by Step method
- Wash and drain Burgul. set aside for 30 minutes.
- During this 30 minutes, sprinkle some water over burgul every 5-10 minutes. do not add so much water, just eenough to absorb and get soft.
- Add all the ingredients to burgul and mix well.
- Process the dough 2 times in a meat grinder using the medium setting.
- Cover with a wet towel and set in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Saute onion with oil.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add spices, salt, and nuts and let cool a little.
- Lightly grease a 9*13 baking tray with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Make a layer to cover the bottom of the tray.
- Place the filling over the dough making the second layer.
- Cover with the second half of the dough to make a third layer: to make it easier, you can either roll the dough between two kitchin pappers then move it over the stuffing.
- with a pairing knife, score in a diamond pattern. Using the tip of a spoon make a crescent shaped dent in each diamond.
- Brush top with olive oil of clurified butter.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes until cooked.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with cucumber yogurt salad, tabouleh or simply fresh juice.