Khoresh is a Persian stew consisting of meat (usually lamb, chicken, beef-or fish) or it can also be vegetarian. Spices include saffron and turmeric. It is generally served with rice.
Try it, You will have a fantastic stew in just under one hour to serve over rice!
Step by Step method
- Finely dice onion and mince garlic.
- Saute with oil until golden.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add to onion and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover, and cook over a medium heat for half an hour.
- Meanwhile clean mushrooms.
- Cut off the bottom portion of the stem and depending on the size of each mushroom either cut into four section or nine.
- Saute mushrooms with a thin layer of oil until their juices come out. Allow for the juices to evaporate.
- Add flour to mushrooms and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add brewed Saffron and lemon juice to chicken and mix well.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl and carefully taper in the egg yolks with a bit of the juices from the stew.
- Add tapered egg yolks to the pot and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Make sure to adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve with cooked rice.